Posted by: aceanderic | July 17, 2008

THURSDAY, JULY 17 (day 67)

We stayed at the hospital another day and it looks like Eric might go back to “Rehab Spa” tomorrow (it depends on what the insurance company say). During his evaluation this morning it was decided that Eric isn’t ready to downsize the trach. What they did instead was to change out the trach to a similar one because the current trach wasn’t working correctly. I did what a project manager would do when things doesn’t go as planned; begged, plead and called in others for help, but I lost…. I’d been hopeful and looked forward to taking the next step, but I understand we need to do what’s best for Eric. I was so upset so I left the hospital and took the dogs for a walk along the river to clear my head. It worked and I’m feeling better now. I realize that we’ve been very fortunate, there’s hasn’t really been any big setbacks in Eric’s recovery. This is one of the first, and I’m sure there will be more to come. I guess in the large scale of things, a few days or a few weeks won’t hurt Eric’s overall recovery; this road will take many, many years.

Oh, and if you haven’t already, please listen to the song Justin found on YouTube, it’s inspiriting. The link is posted on yesterday’s commands. Thanks Justin!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: